New developments continue to happen in regards to the bombing at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England, but this isn't the first time that a popular concert has ended in chaos and bloodshed. Here are some of the most notable concerts ending in catastrophe.
- In 1969, during Rolling Stones' set at Altamont Free Concert in Northern California, four people were killed and over 850 were injured after the crowd grew out of control.
- In 1979, during one of The Who's concerts in Cincinnati, 11 people were crushed to death and numerous were injured due to the crowd size.
- In 1991, during an AC/DC concert, three people were crushed to death by the crowd pushing forward towards the stage.
- In 2000, Pearl Jam's concert in Denmark was marred by the death of nine people thanks to swelling crowd sizes.
- In 2003, one of the worst concert catastrophes in recent history happened at a Great White concert in West Warwick, Rhode Island when 100 people were killed and over 230 were injured during a pyrotechnic-related accident.
- In 2004, a Damageplan concert in Columbus, Ohio, took a disastrous turn when five were killed and three more injured by a shooter in the concert venue.
- In 2006, a Korn concert in Atlanta ended in the death of one man after he got into an altercation with a fellow concert-goer.
- Brianna Prosser, Ron Show intern