Procter and Gamble has issued a recall of 18 types of deodorant after discovering they contain a cancer-causing chemical. The products, which are sold under the Old Spice and Secret brand names, have been found to contain benzene, which has been linked to blood cancers and other blood-related disorders, according to the FDA. All 18 products being recalled are sold as aerosol sprays, the company reports.
To find out if your can of Old Spice or Secret might be infected, call the P-and-G Consumer Care Team at 888-339-7689. Have you ever used a product, only to find out later that it had been recalled?
See below for Product names and UPC codes and further descriptions.
- 037000728870: Old Spice Sweat Defense Pure Sport Plus Dry Spray Antiperspirant/Deodorant 107 g
- 037000728863: Old Spice Sweat Defense Stronger Swagger Dry Spray Antiperspirant/Deodorant 107 g
- 012044029053: Old Spice Sweat Defense Ultimate Captain Dry Spray Antiperspirant/Deodorant 107 g
- 056100008965: Secret Baby Powder Spray Antiperspirant/Deodorant 122 g
- 037000747765: Secret Outlast Completely Clean Dry Spray Antiperspirant/Deodorant 107 g
- 037000747826: Secret Outlast Protecting Powder Dry Spray Antiperspirant/Deodorant 107 g
- 037000729587: Secret Dry Spray Lavender Anti-perspirant/Deodorant 107 g
- 037000729600: Secret Dry Spray Waterlily Anti-perspirant/Deodorant 107 g
If you have one of the sprays, you can get in touch with the company to get a refund.
Consumers with questions regarding this recall can seek more information via the Consumer Care team at 888-339-7689 from Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 6:00pm EST or by visiting visit www.oldspice.com or www.secret.com for more information about the impacted products and to learn how to receive reimbursement for eligible products.